feefo feedback


D2 - Help at the roadside and towing in Europe


If your vehicle breaks down, we will arrange and pay for a breakdown vehicle to come to where the vehicle is (for up to one hour) to try to get the vehicle working again.


  • a. if your vehicle cannot be made safe to drive at the place you have broken down, we will arrange and pay for your vehicle, the driver and up to six passengers to be taken to a suitable local garage (normally within 15 miles) for it to be repaired. You must pay the costs of any repairs by credit or debit card.
  • b. after the theft or attempted theft of the vehicle or its contents, we will pay the costs of repairing the damage to your vehicle or pay for replacement parts up to £200, which are needed for emergency roadside repairs to make your vehicle secure.


Before travelling, it is recommended that you consult the laws of the country you are planning to visit. Before you travel, you should make sure that you check the documents you need to carry by law. As a guideline, we recommend you take the following documents in case you need them by law in the countries in which you might break down;

  • • photocard driving licence and supporting documents
  • • insurance documents
  • • MOT certificate
  • • logbook (V5 registration document)
  • • if you do not own the vehicle, confirmation that you have the owner’s permission to drive it.

The above is not a full list and is for guidance only.



Please also refer to the general conditions and general exclusions applying to all sections.

Back to European breakdown cover